It’s time to educate and donate as Ballarat recognises World Homeless Day.
Up to 2000 people in Ballarat experienced or were at risk of homelessness in the last financial year, with a higher incidence rate in the poulation than than the national average.
Grampians Health is helping to raise awareness by educating on homeless issues with resources on dsplay at Ballarat Base Hospital.
Donations will also be received at the Ballarat Base Cafeteria for the Ballarat Soup Bus.
Examples of items you can donate:
• Tinned goods – vegetables, baked beans, spaghetti, soups etc
• Spreads – Vegemite, Peanut butter, jam etc
• Dried goods – Pasta and Rice varieties
• Meal bases and sauces
• Tea, coffee, sugar, other bottled/canned drink varieties
• Long life milk
• Cereal varieties
• Toiletries – toothpaste/brushes, soap, deodorant, toilet paper etc.
• Linen, spare sheets and towels.