We have a new poll about who or what actually cause COVID-19 and all I can say is "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"!
This poll (released on Tuesday May 19) is all about conspiracy theories.
First we have the 5G wireless network with many believing it was bad for our health even though Chief Medical Officer Professor Brendan Murphy has announced that the technology was safe and used low-powered radio waves.
In this new poll, it found that:
- 1 in 8 Aussies don't agree to what Professor Murphy said about 5G, they think the 5G network is actually being used to spread COVID-19
- 12% believe the coronavirus is not dangerous and is being used to force people to get vaccinated
- 12% actually blame Microsoft founder Bill Gates for it all, saying that he “played a role” in creating COVID-19 and spreading it (even though Bill and his wife have pledged more than $200 million to fight coronavirus)
- 1 in 5 people believe the media and government are exaggerating the COVID-19 death toll “to scare the population”, but 71% did dismiss this claim
- 2 in 5 think COVID-19 was engineered in a Chinese laboratory in the original epicentre Wuhan and then released, but 39% said they believed this to be false
- 77% also said that they believe the outbreak in China was “actually much worse” than what was reported
For more on the story, click HERE
You can see the full findings of the Essential Poll HERE