Whether you believe it or not, it seems a lot of scientists do believe that climate change is necessary and they have a plan.
11,263 scientists from 153 countries have come together to discuss the planet's climate emergency.
They have even come up with six clear measures that could avoid “untold human suffering” (this sounds pretty severe).
- Eliminating subsidies to fossil fuel companies, cut emissions of methane, hydrofluorocarbons, soot and other short-lived climate pollutants
- Restore and protect ecosystems such as forests, grasslands and mangroves
- Eating more plants and consume fewer animal products
- Wasting less food, at least one-third of all food produced ends up as garbage apparently
- Having fewer children as global population is increasing by more than 200,000 people a day
- Abandoning an obsession with economic growth
The scientist have said that our planet is facing a climate emergency, and they believe that trying to get governments all over the globe to act is going to be really hard to do.
So, is Greta Thunberg really making up stuff about climate change, especially now that 11,263 scientists are saying we need to fix things before it's too late?
There is a lot more on the story, especially when it comes to their 6 points of change that is needed, so click HERE to read it.