Creepy crawlies, there is nothing worse then when you are preparing food and one appears from nowhere.
I was in the kitchen cooking some toast in my toaster, when out of nowhere (well actually it was from under the toaster) a cockroach made its way across my bench, towards me!
It was the biggest cockroach I had ever seen (to be honest it was about 4 centimetres long) but at the time, it was huge!
I think the whole neighbourhood heard me squeal like I have never ever squealed before.
Yes I am a bit scared of creepy crawlies, but I thought, maybe I should look into the cockroach a bit more, so I went to Wikipedia.
- It seems that Cockroaches are abundant throughout the world and live in a wide range of environments, especially in the tropics and subtropics
- Cockroaches can withstand extremely cold temperatures, allowing them to live in the Arctic
- In North America, 50 species separated into five families are found throughout the continent
- 450 species are found in Australia, and one of those live in my kitchen
- Only about four widespread species are commonly regarded as pests (all of them as far as I am concerned)
- Cockroaches are social insects, but seriously, I am not ready to have a drink with one
How do you feel about creepy crawlies? - Brett
Photo thanks to PIXABAY