Did you know that us Aussies are made fun of when it comes to how we say the word NO? I did not know this until today.
And I can thank Tiffany Krylov for today's lesson.
She says that Australians say no in an unusual way and that we have given it “two syllables”.
Tiffany made a video about the whole thing, put it on TikTok, and you guessed it, went viral!
Some of the comments from others included:
- "Wait what? How do other places say no?"
- Yeah nah, I can't hear anything wrong."
- "When I was in the US, they said I say it like 'NO-R."
- "My American friend pointed out that in sentences we articulate 'know' and 'no' differently."
- "It's 'yeah nah' or nothing."
I want to know, how else are we meant to say it?
For more on the story, click HERE
Photo by //www.pexels.com/@cottonbro?utm_content=attributionCopyText&utm_medium=referral&;utm_source=pexels" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: inherit; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; text-decoration: none;">cottonbro from Pexels