On Saturday 25 April 2020 the Australian and New Zealand music industries came together as one to commemorate Anzac Day and pay respect to frontline workers during the COVID-19 pandemic with Music From The Home Front.
With traditional live concerts, tours, and festivals currently impossible, an unprecedented line up of more than fifty Australian and New Zealand artists instead turned to television and the internet to perform a spellbinding selection of their own songs and covers live from their homes. Conceptualised by Michael Gudinski with help from legendary Australian rocker Jimmy Barnes, the special was broadcast live on the Nine Network in Australia, Three in New Zealand, and YouTube internationally, and was a commercial and critical success.
Music From The Home Front brought Australians and New Zealanders together in a time of adversity, allowing a moment of respite in these troubled times whilst honouring COVID-19 frontline workers and commemorating Anzac Day.
Mushroom Group is thrilled to announce the release of Music From The Home Front on double CD and triple vinyl. This unique compilation of iconic songs and classic covers was recorded and broadcast for the premiere Anzac Day virtual concert event of the same name.
Music From The Home Front features exclusive contributions and collaborations from the cream of Australasia’s musical crop including Jimmy Barnes with Ian Moss and Diesel, Crowded House, Tones And I, Missy Higgins and Tim Minchin, Vance Joy, Bliss n Eso and Kate Ceberano, Mark Seymour and James Reyne, Delta Goodrem and Colin Hay, Dean Lewis, Guy Sebastian, The Rubens, DMA’S, and many many more.
100% of profits from Music From The Home Front are going to Support Act - Australia’s only charity delivering crisis relief services to artists, crew and music workers as a result of ill health, injury, a mental health problem, or some other crisis that impacts on their ability to work in music. Support Act which was established in 1997 to provide members of the music industry with breathing room to get back on track when they have hit a rough patch.
Music From The Home Front vinyl album out now and available here
MUSIC FROM THE HOME FRONT: Setlist!
- Michael Gudinski – Welcome Speech
- Jimmy Barnes – Working Class Man (feat. Diesel)
- Ben Lee – We’re All In This Together (feat. Jack River & Lime Cordiale)
- The Wiggles – Handwashing Song
- Tones And I – Forever Young
- Mark Seymour – Throw Your Arms Around Me (feat. James Reyne & Hannah and Eva Seymour)
- James Reyne – Reckless (feat. Mark Seymour)
- John Schumann and The Vagabond Crew & Archie Roach – I Was Only 19 (A Walk In The Light Green)
- Bliss n Eso – Moments (feat. Kate Ceberano & Vince Harder)
- Crowded House – Don’t Dream It’s Over
- Dean Lewis – Be Alright
- Paul Kelly – Every Day My Mother’s Voice (feat. Jess Hitchcock)
- The Rubens – Live In Life
- Jon Stevens, Andrew Farriss & Isabella Manfredi – Never Tear Us Apart
- Delta Goodrem & Colin Hay – Down Under
- Vance Joy – Lay It On Me (Smartphone Isolation Version)
- Missy Higgins & Tim Minchin – Carry You
- G Flip – About You
- DMA’S – Better Be Home Soon
- Lee Kernaghan – Spirit Of The Anzacs (feat. Amy and George Sheppard & Jon Stevens)
- Shane Howard – Solid Rock (feat. Vika & Linda, Emma Donovan, Troy Cassar-Daley & William Barton)
- Guy Sebastian – Battle Scars
- Birds Of Tokyo & West Australian Symphony Orchestra – Unbreakable
- Vera Blue – Regular Touch
- Jack River – Fool’s Gold
- Jimmy Barnes & Ian Moss – When The War Is Over (feat. The Barnes Family)
- James Morrison – The Last Post