Salt Lamps are awesome, they're good for our health, but they are also DEADLY to our feline friends!
Vets have issued a warning to all cat owners about the dangers of Himalayan salt lamps.
Apparently, cats like to lick them as Maddie Smith recently found out.
Maddie found her cat Ruby walking really weird and holding her head in a strange position.
Thinking maybe Ruby was just cold, they made her cosy, went to work, but, when everyone returned home, it was more dire.
Ruby couldn’t hear, see, or walk that well, she couldn't even eat or drink, and she had issues with her tongue.
Ruby was rushed to the vets, lucky they took her when they did because she would have died otherwise.
Seems Ruby licked the salt lamp at home.
The vets at Rose Avenue Vet Hospital (New Zealand) where Ruby was rushed to, said that cats are tempted to lick the lamps, sadly though, this can lead to sodium poisoning, which can cause pain, vomiting, seizures, and even death.
The vets want all pet owners to keep their Himalayan salt lamps far out of the animals’ reach.
And when it comes to dogs, they can get salt poisoning from homemade play dough.
For more on the story, click HERE
Improve breathing by reducing allergens in the air.
- Fewer colds and flus.
- Higher levels of relaxation.
- A reduction in headaches and migraines.
- Fewer troubles falling asleep.