On February 7 the unthinkable happened to Alex Hall.
The 37-year-old was at a Ballarat restaurant enjoying a Fisherman’s Basket with wife Cassandra when he had a fatal allergic reaction to Barramundi.
The Ballan couple were enjoying some precious ‘couple-time’ ahead of the birth of their first child in May.
Alex commented straight after the meal that he enjoyed the fish and the last time he had Barramundi, a few years ago, his lips had turned numb.
Now it was happening again.
Off-duty nurses from Ballarat Base Hospital came to his aid and later performed CPR until paramedics arrived.
While medical staff initially thought the young fit dad-to-be would pull through, he sadly passed away five days later- and his organs have given new life to patients at the Royal Children’s Hospital.
Cassandra is now urging people to get allergy-tested - and always carry an Epipen.
If you would like to make a donation to help Alex's family, go to ...
Image: Cassandra Hall FB