Everybody gathered to celebrate the fact that the Ballarat Winter Festival was being launched today.
Council, media, Ballarat's finest, were all at the Ballarat Mining Exchange for the special event, and, for our very own Geordi, it was the best time ever!
After chatting with Deputy Mayor Jim Rinaldi and checking some art thanks to Activated ArtWalk artists Samantha Thompson, Demi Gerardi and Margie Balazic, Geordi then proceeded to get a photo with Sovereign Hill’s Sir Ginger (ok so she tried to eat him... whoops!) plus the Snow Queen and one of the Knights of fire from Kryal Castle, and she got to meet Jimmy Jam (3 month old Koala) from the Ballarat Wildlife Park.
There is so much going including:
- Head to Sovereign Hill for their Winter Wonderlights: Christmas in July
- Put your best skates forward at the pop-up ice-skating rink
- Be amazed by the fiery jousting clash at Kryal Castle
- Wander through the Art Gallery of Ballarat and marvel at the colonial gilt-framed artworks
- Immerse yourself into the Activated Artwalk Map
- Visit all the amazing animals at the Ballarat Wildlife Park
- Eat to your hearts content at Ballarat's cafes and eateries
- Check out the Winteractive Arcade at the Mining Exchange
- And so much more
Here's a look at what happened last year.
The Ballarat Winter Festival begins June 29 and will run until July 28.
Visit Ballarat Winter Festival for more information