ANZAC Day 2019 - Lest We Forget
Thu 25 Apr 2019
ANZAC Day will shine a spotlight on the commitment and sacrifice of those who served in the First World War.
We will remember those who fought for us but we will also think about those who are still fighting for our freedom and rights.
On this day in 1916, ANZAC Day was commemorated for the first time. It's held in remembrance of the heroic Australian & New Zealand troops who landed at Gallipoli on this day in 1915.
On Thursday 25 April, local residents gather to honour the nation’s veterans, servicemen and servicewomen at ANZAC Day services around the municipality.
• 5.45am Dawn Service at the Ballarat Cenotaph in Sturt Street, followed by Gunfire Breakfast at Ballarat RSL Midlands Golf Club until 9.30am. Buses will be provided
• 7am service at the Fireman's Memorial, corner Finches Road and Rembrance Drive
• 8am Wreath laying service at the Ballarat Arch of Victory
• 9am Ex-Prisoner of War Memorial wreath laying service
• 10.30am ANZAC Day March, from Lyons Street South to Ballarat Cenotaph
• 11am Commemorative Service at the Ballarat Cenotaph, followed by refreshments and Two-Up from 1pm at Midlands Golf Club. Buses will be provided
• 8.45am March from the Sebastopol Post Office, Albert Street
• 9am Commemorative Service at the Sebastopol Cenotaph in Albert Street
• 10.15am Commemorative Service from the Buninyong RSL at 401 Learmonth Street, Buninyong
• 10am Wreath laying service at the Miners Rest Cenotaph in Howe Street, Miners Rest
For more information about this year's services, or to view the full program visit http://www.ballarat.vic.gov.au/lae/events/anzac-day.aspx
ANZAC Day 2019 - Shrine of Remembrance Melbourne
25 April 2019, 6:00am
Attend the ANZAC Day dawn service to commemorate the service and sacrifice of all Australian servicemen and women. On this day, we honour and reflect on the impact of war, conflict and peacekeeping operations in Australia's history. https://www.shrine.org.au/Remembrance/Anzac-Day